Smartphones have become an integral part of our lives, dramatically increasing our productivity and becoming one of the largest sources of information that we use constantly on a day to day basis. While there are many upsides to smartphones, they can be a distraction, especially when driving, biking, walking, etc. Any increase in driver distraction leads to an increase in collisions, injuries, and fatalities.
Bloomberg Consulting is one of the few accident reconstruction companies in the country with the training and experience in smartphone forensics that is required in order to download the digital data from smartphones, and analyze and apply that data to our accident reconstruction analyses. Examples of critical data that can be obtained from smartphones include:
- Deleted photos, videos, and other data.
- Was the driver’s phone locked or unlocked at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver on a call at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver texting at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver emailing at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver surfing the Web at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver using an App at the time of the accident?
- Was an App running in the background at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver taking a photo or video at the time of the accident?
- GPS Location Data & Mapping used to determine vehicle speed, route, etc.
Bloomberg Consulting uses the digital data from smartphones as one piece of the accident reconstruction puzzle. Call us today for more information about these services or to set up a smartphone download.